Planning your own wedding can seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools, it truly isn't that bad! I had a little help with our wedding, but did the majority of the leg work myself! Here are my top tips for planning your own wedding:
- Have a vision for what you want your wedding to look like.
- Decide what your priorities are (i.e. catering, the DJ, your dress, etc.).
- Make a separate wedding email address for easy organization.
- Use Excel for budgeting, addresses, and other tasks.
- Use Pinterest for inspiration and for planning times.
- Find vendors using WeddingWire and Yelp.
- READ VENDOR REVIEWS.
- Check out venues and vendors on Instagram.
- Enlist friends for help when possible
- Trust your gut when it comes to making big decisions.
A Practical Wedding was one of my favorite wedding go-to resources. They're full of resources you didn't know you needed (in a good way!) and provided perspectives that helped me stay grounded throughout the process. They're the best!