Who doesn’t want to look good while traveling? Here are my go-to items for an easy, breezy travel beauty routine.
- Sunscreen - so so so important. No matter what skin tone you have or the weather looks like outside, you should always protection your skin from sun damage! I personally love Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, which is perfect for my oily skin (and also doesn’t leave a white film on my darker skin tone).
- Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens - If you have oily skin like I do (especially in the heat/humidity, the these are great for getting rid of some of that shine!)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (+ an angled brush) - I don’t go ANYWHERE without my brows done. I love the Dipbrow pomade because it stays put even while you’re swimming for flawless brows all day! Lately I’ve been combining with “They’re Real” mascara by Benefit for a more natural, groomed look! They’re Real stays put with swimming pretty well. I also have the Anastasia Brow Definer which I have been experimenting with lately. I love that it has a brush on one side so that you can brush away some of the product for a more natural look.
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes - I love the way these smell. They instantly bring me back to our honeymoon, which was the first time I used them. These are great for removing dirt and makeup, especially if you didn’t bring a cleanser with you. (I sometimes don’t for shorter trips if I don’t have something in a travel size.
- Concealer - I use Makeup Forever concealer which is waterproof enough for me and helps when I have dark circles due to jet lag or general fatigue which I almost always do!
- Chapstick - Ugh, I’m a chapstick kind of girl! I know it’s boring but that’s just my go-to. I have also been obsessing over Too Faced La Creme Drenched Lipstick which is moisturizing and provides a bit of a glossy tint without overdoing it. I HATE dry feeling lips with a passion so I love that this goes on so creamy. Sadly it does not have SPF. My favorite color is Spice Spice Baby!
- Dior Waterproof Mascara - I don’t always wear mascara because I find it so difficult to get off and sometimes want a more natural look, but this is my go-to waterproof mascara. It’s a bit pricey, but it works!
- I personally haven’t found a CC (Color correcting) cream that works for me - they’re either the wrong color or make me oily, or both - but one with SPF would be good and I think provide a nice natural layer of coverage. When it’s hot as hell and I’m sweating bullets I personally don’t feel like dealing with colored makeup dripping off my face/getting on things but for cooler weather I definitely wear something on my skin for a little more coverage.
- It’s not an “essential” per se but I love Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist because it helps control oil and can refresh your SPF if you’ve been out in the sun a while or swimming. It also smells amazing and you won’t mess up your makeup if you have any one because it’s a spray.
- I also love Benefit’s Watts Up highlighter which I use in the inner rims of my eyes/my lower lash line to give me a refreshed morning glow. It can also be used for strobing/highlighting cheek bones but I haven’t mastered that look for myself yet ;-)
- I know many people swear by eyelash extensions. Many of my friends have gotten them and they look gorge! I haven’t explored them yet but I think these are a great way to enhance your natural beauty with little effort!
All in all, I can get ready in about 10-15 minutes with this minimal (by my standards anyways) beauty routine! When traveling to cooler places or places where I won’t be swimming, I might do a little more with my makeup but not too much more. Who wants to waste precious travel time in front of a mirror? Not I!